Tel: +27 35 797 2600   Email: info@rbidz.co.za    -    Support | Member Portal | Login

Renewable & Clean Energy

Renewable Energy

South Africa is currently highly dependent on coal-fired power stations for its energy supply. State-owned Eskom accounts for about 90% of South Africa’s electricity generation capacity. The remaining 10% is provided by independent power producers (IPPs).

Utility-scale projects in South Africa’s clean energy sector are driven by the Renewable Energy Independent Power Production Procurement Programme (REIPPPP), which has attracted investments of close to R202bn since its inception in 2011.

Key Opportunities

  • Roll-out of renewable energy technologies
  • Adoption of energy efficiency technologies
  • Solar energy technologies and components manufacturing (solar panels, solar water geysers, timers, etc.)
  • Wind turbines and components manufacturing
  • Pyrolysis/gasification; anaerobic digestion
  • Energy storage

 

There are exciting investment opportunities that lie within the RBIDZ Renewable Energy sector. Strategic research is currently being conducted.

For more information, please This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Sectors

About RBIDZ

The RBIDZ is an organisation made up of real people, with a real dedication, and passion to effect real change in South Africa. This commitment and energy is apparent in all dealings with not only each other but with potential investors too.

© 2020, RBIDZ. Powered By TTECH

Subscribe to our Newsletter

RBIDZ OFFICE COMPLEX
4 Harbour Arterial, ALTON,
Richards Bay, 3900

Phone: +27 35 797 2600
E-Mail: info@rbidz.co.za

Search