Opportunities exist in a number of areas for qualified individuals when available. Please refer to our Positions Available.
Chemical Engineering Interns X5 - Ref. No. 086
- Bachelor Degree or Post-graduate Degree in Chemical Engineering
- An excellent academic record
- 1-2 years of experience is an added advantage.
Key Performance Areas
The successful candidate will be provided with relevant workplace skills and experience in order to prepare for the job market. The development and training areas will include, but not limited to the below:
- Sunflower Seed and Soya Bean Crushing
- Solvent Extraction
- Crude Oil Refining
- Palm polishing and fractionation
- The characteristics of edible oils processes by Wilmar, namely; sunflower oil, soya bean oil and palm oil
- Standard Operating Procedures and process flow
- Equipment settings and chemical processes
- Equipment maintenance
- Quality specifications
- Quality control
- Efficiency measurements and process controls
- Safety requirements, specific safety hazards and risks
- Food safety systems and procedures
- Environmental risks and effluent control
- Effective people management.
Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent numeracy and financial awareness
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Good telephone manner
- Good IT skills including familiarity with Office applications and online resources
- Good organisational skills
- Creative thinking
- Flexible, self-motivated and hard-working individual who will work well in a dynamic and creative team in a fast-moving environment.
- Demonstration of strong leadership
- Possess drive, ambition and passion for new challenges
- High level of commitment and initiative
- Positive team spirit and good social skills
- Results driven.
Salary: R234 000 p.a